What attracts us are companies with a strong entrepreneurial flair, with the desire to challenge themselves and grow.
Langholm’s preferred investment area is high growth, consumer-oriented companies that make optimum use of changing trends in consumer behaviour, in short, companies that anticipate change. We look especially at these sub-sectors:
Health and Wellbeing – "Just feeling better and looking great"
Products and services that meet consumers’ everyday needs for health, wellness and personal vitality – for example:
- Functional food products
- Healthy/natural food and drinks
- Herbal and non-prescription dietary supplements
- Cosmetics, personal care and anti-ageing products
- Non-prescription personal diagnostics
- Sports and fitness equipment and services
- Holistic wellbeing products and services
Convenience - "It only takes a minute"
Products and services which are tailored to meet the needs of increasingly time-pressed modern lifestyles - for example:
- “On-the-go” food and drink
- Gourmet/quality meals and snacking
- Online/mail order shopping, 24hr retail and services
- Concierge services, personal shopping
- Home maintenance, cleaning, plumbing, gardening
Serving an Ageing Population – "Life begins at"
Products and services that address the increasing needs, expectations and spending power of older people – for example:
- Products and services that enhance quality of life
- Products and services that target older “activities”
- Products and services that facilitate retirement
- Medical services/treatments/diagnostics/care
- Specialised financial services
Securing a Better World – "It’s the only planet we’ve got"
Products and services that target the growing interest of consumers in sustainable living, ethical consumption and personal security – for example:
- “Green” products and eco-tourism
- Fair-trade brands and, ethical companies
- Solutions for the “sustainable consumer”
- Domestic security and personal safety
Branded Innovations and Experiences – "I’ll remember that"
Products and services offering consumers new or unique benefits and experiences which are branded and difficult to copy – for example:
- Indulgence and affordable luxury
- Heritage and provenance brands
- New consumer niches
- Unique retail and out-of-home experiences
- Solutions for individuals that provide tailor-made products and services
- Niche financial services
Find out about how we work
We like to strike a balance between support and independence